The USC Master's in Applied Psychology Program consists of 150 students, 80% of whom pursue their degree completely online from locations all over the U.S. Although the program emphasizes virtual group projects in the curriculum, the majority of the online students never meet each other in person until graduation on campus in Los Angeles, California.
Beginning in 2017, these students now have the opportunity to meet in Dublin, Ireland,
while completing a required internship course for their degree.
“This experience has given me a more worldly professional perspective and helped me to learn to be more adaptable across different situations.”
Internship @ EMPOWERMENT Financial Search & Selection
“This experience is going to jumpstart my career back in the US. It really helped give me direction. The program as a whole was amazing, as were all the people involved.”
Internship @ Clearview Group
“I learned so much from my time working with my supervisor in human resources. She really welcomed me and treated me like I was a part of the team. In Dublin, you are given many tools to succeed including professional development sessions."
Internship @ Bon Secours Hospital
1. To deepen exposure to real-world challenges facing contemporary organizations and businesses.
2. To extend practical skills through learning and working in a business setting, including communication skills.
3. To identify real-world workplace issues that may be informed by psychology theory and research.
4. To identify mentoring and networking relationships in a business setting.
5. To work effectively as a contributing member of a work group or team.
6. To continue development of personal branding and career goal clarification leading to next career steps.
7. To provide opportunities to develop capstone treatise or project ideas in the context of the internship
Global Experiences / AIFS Abroad